Truth is, the scale can be deceiving. This is a sensitive topic & often we get caught up with the scale is telling us. How many times have you experienced jumping on the scale after working out consistently & eating clean over a period of time with no movement on the scale?
The truth is, our weight fluctuates due to endless variables:
Lack of sleep
The scale should not be the main source to measure your progress.
Here are a few tips to track your progress without only relying on the scale:
1. Progress photos – side profile – front profile- back profile – great way to track and document physical progress
2. Track workouts & workout progressions
3. Take full body measurements
4. Create awareness around how your clothes are fitting
5. Track moods, energy levels & appetite.
Stepping on the scale after investing hours & endless effort into enhancing our Mind & Body is discouraging when the number does not reflect the effort. Before you jump on the scale next please make sure you have other systems in place to accurately track your progress.
F*** the scale, you are your greatest investment – do not let the scale discourage you.